What you’ll do
You will be working alongside other engineers and designers as an integral part of the team at our Sheffield-based office, solving a wide variety of engineering problems. Typical tasks could include:
- Developing concepts into detailed designs;
- Using engineering fundamentals to check that designs work;
- Carrying out detailed finite element analysis to optimise designs;
- Producing 3D CAD models and manufacturing drawings using Solidworks to enable the design to be made.
Our projects come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and you are likely to work on a few different projects during your time with us.
What you’ll need
- Have enthusiasm for solving engineering problems, and the drive to learn and take ownership of your own development;
- Be able to apply the first-principles engineering that you have learned so far in your degree to new problems;
- Have the ability to work and communicate effectively with other people;
- Be studying for a degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Structural Engineering or closely related (i.e. physical not electrical/control-based).
What you’ll get
In exchange for your time and enthusiasm we offer:
- Salary of £2500 for the 6 weeks;
- Welcoming and inclusive team who will support you in achieving your potential;
- A coaching and development scheme to start you off on the road toward Chartership;
- Varied and interesting engineering work across several industries;
- Possibility of a permanent position after graduation, depending on performance and business needs.
How to apply
We have closed the applications process early due to an extremely high number of responses. Thank you everyone who has applied. Please note that it takes us some time to go through the applications that we receive so please don’t be concerned if you don’t immediately hear back from us.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo one to two interviews at either our office on the Advanced Manufacturing Park, Sheffield or via video conferencing (Microsoft Teams).